[pmwiki-users] userAuth and unix passwd file

Masschelein Bart masschel at imec.be
Tue Jun 7 11:36:15 CDT 2005

Me again. The reason I ask this is that if I, as admin, have to manually give all the users a password,
1) it will be a lot of work
2) if the users want their work password, then I know that as well, and that cannot be the intention

A solution could be to add everybody to the list, with the same password, and then they can change it if they want. Or is it somewhere described how new users can register with  a new username and a choosen password, and then a script takes care of the transscription and saving in the .passwd file. That would be a great help. In fact, sounds not that difficult to implement. But my skills in PHP programming are very basic, for the moment. So any direction to do this is welcome.

Bart