[pmwiki-users] compare revisions down to single letters

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Thu Jun 9 16:29:11 CDT 2005

Take any line that has changed, output every character to a
sperate line in a file.  You end up with 2 files, one for
the original line and one for the changed line.  Run a
regular diff on the two files,interpret output as character
positions instead of lines and voila you have character
diffs.

Very crude, but it works. :)  I might even have a sample
hidden somewhere if someone is really interested, but I
assume that Pm would want to write it in PHP, not using the
diff program.  Also, there is program called wdiff that
might provide what you need,

-Martin