[pmwiki-users] Automagically adding a page summary to a bulleted list?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jun 12 22:33:45 CDT 2005

On Saturday, 11 June 2005 9:18 AM, Paul Williams <paulw at examen.com> wrote:
>Hello all.
>
>I seem to recall that in v 1.x there was a way to add the summary of a page next
>to its wikiword in another page.  The typical usage would be for a summarized
>bullet list.  Thus the following:
>
>!Issues
>
>* GronkulationMethod
>* CodeDetritus
>* SoftwareFlatuance
>
>would be formatted with the first sentance (line?) of each page
>after its wiki word:
>
>!Issues
>
>* GronkulationMethod: Exploring Knuth's Algorithm for Gronkulation
>* CodeDetritus: Avoding the enivatable; an exercise in futility
>* SoftwareFlatuance: Keeping explitive remarks away from the
>user interface
>
>Was this a feature of publish wiki trails?  Does this feature exist in the
>current versions?

There are several options included in the Cookbook.MarkupExtensions

T* PageName
T# PageName
T: PageName

and

T[*#:] PageName#id

produce the page name followed by the first paragraph or paragraph after #id respectively. These are formatted as an itemised, numbered or definition list item.

(:para PageName:) or (:para PageName#id:) insert the paragraph text at the location of the directive.

These should I think do what you are wanting.
--
JR