[pmwiki-users] Per-group subdirectories in wiki.d/

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 14 12:51:55 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 10:19:11AM -0500, Jeremy Sproat wrote:
> In http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FlatFileAdvantages , you describe
> that it's possible to subdivide wiki.d/ into subdirectories according
> to page group.  How is this done?  Is it in beta?  Is there a
> straightforward way to convert an existing pmwiki to this mode, or is
> it best done with a new wiki?

Sorry, I actually thought I had written this up as a cookbook recipe
already.

Essentially, to get per-group subdirectories for pages one adds the
following line to config.php:

    $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$Group/$FullName');

The admin must then move the existing page files in wiki.d/ into
the appropriate per-group subdirectories (and make sure that
each per-group subdirectory has appropriate file permissions).

A somewhat easier mechanism for migrating is to rename the wiki.d/
directory to "wiki-flat.d", then use the following in config.php:

    $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$Group/$FullName');
    $WikiLibDirs = array( &$WikiDir,
      new PageStore('wiki-flat.d/$FullName'),
      new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

This will cause PmWiki to continue to use any pages existing in
wiki-flat.d/ (the old wiki.d/), but any newly created or edited
pages are saved in the new wiki.d/ in per-group subdirectories.