[pmwiki-users] page title oddities

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 12:57:57 CDT 2005

On pmwiki.org Clytie created a new sidebar for PmWikiVi group, all
with fancy utf-8 coded characters. And she decided to use the
(:title:) markup on all pages to show the proper Vietnamese words,
leaving the pagenames in Latin characters. She did so too for the
SideBar. Only she named the 'SideBar' 'Sidebar', so it did not
function. So I copied the content into page SideBar, and there is now a
nice Vietnamese sidebar. But a problem showed on all other pages in
the group, as they display now all the same title, which is the title
of the SideBar page. I have not seen such behaviour before, and I
can't reproduce it, but it is definitely there.

Check out the PmWikiVi group:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/PmWikiVi

The title of the SideBar is Thanh bên, and removing the (:title :)
markup resolves the problem. But why does it spill onto all group
pages?

--
Best regards,
 Hans