[pmwiki-users] Re: Per-group subdirectories in wiki.d/

Jeremy Sproat sproaticus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:41:14 CDT 2005

Dave,

Sorry about the late reply.  (Whoops, I didn't reply right the first
time, here goes try #2...  Apologies if this is a dupe.)

On 6/17/05, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Jeremy Sproat wrote:
> >In http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FlatFileAdvantages , you describe
> >that it's possible to subdivide wiki.d/ into subdirectories according
> >to page group.  How is this done?  Is it in beta?  Is there a
> >straightforward way to convert an existing pmwiki to this mode, or is
> >it best done with a new wiki?

> So exactly *why* might I want to do this?

Well...

It's not like I have tens of thousands of pages, but I will have some
groups whose pages will be backed up, transferred, etc. as a whole
group, using scripts.  Yes, with the flat directory it's just a matter
of using wildcards to determine which pages get snarfed, but some ways
having groups in subdirectories make them easier to process as a
group.

I hope that made sense.  My days have been far too long lately, with
too little caffeine.  :-,

Cheers,
 - sproaticus