[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/FAQ

Benjamin Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Sat Jun 18 16:12:00 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 08:59:22PM +0100, Hans wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>It seems to me that more people are posting questions on
>>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ without really getting answers,
>>and the page deteriorating into a mess.
>>What shall happen to it (and the unanswered questions)?
>>does it need a note that it is not a place to ask questions, and if
>>you really want to ask a question you should post it to this list?
>
> Honestly, I'm just not sure what to do with the FAQ.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/faqs/about-faqs/ goes into a fair amount of
detail of what an FAQ is and what should be on it. I agree that page is
getting more cluttered. I'll add some pithy "please RTM first"
statement. Looking at the FAQ as it is, many of the questions have come
up on the mailing list, but what should be there is a fairly generic
question that keeps surfacing in the list with a brief answer pointing
to all the resources that one might need to fix the problem.

My two cents.

Ben