Cookbook -was [pmwiki-users] PmWiki/DocumentationIndex

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Jun 19 13:11:48 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 07:46:54PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>
>>> How about something like
>>>
>>>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/CookbookColumned
>>>
>>>?
>>
>> Looks nice, but I find it hard to associate the lines in the left
>> and right column properly.
>
> How about now, with blank lines added?
>
> I can also increase the vertical space between entries.

Helps, but it doesn't address the actual problem: there's a jolly wide
gap between the link and the explanatory text.

Maybe something that inserts a dotted line between every two entries...
or alternating background colors. (Not sure whether any of these
actually work with XHTML.)
One thing I once was mentioned was a sequence of dots that fill the gap
between left and right part, as is often done in printed directories, like
     Subtitle 1.1 ........ 4
     Subtitle 1.2 ........ 7
   Title 2 .............. 20
IIRC this can be done with CSS, but I have forgotten all the details
(including where I found it, alas).

Regards,
Jo