[pmwiki-users] Re: Another problem with URLapprove

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jun 20 01:40:58 CDT 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Btw, this problem with too many unapproved links on a page that you
> > try to edit would be even more confusing to someone who is not even
> > trying to add an external link.
>
> ...except that in this case the message wouldn't appear -- presumably
> if the page had been successfully saved previously then it will save
> again if the number of unapproved links hasn't changed.

Note that this is actually not the case... what happened here was that I'd
created the page (EmacsModes/<something>) a long time before you activated
urlapprove for pmwiki.org. So when I then (much later) tried to add
something to the page, there were all these unapproved external links. -
Well, at least this is my theory.

I assume the same situation (i.e. not being allowed to save a change) will
also happen if Main.ApprovedUrls is deleted? So if you changed the
location of that page for the group EmacsModes/, it should be possible to
encounter this problem again, i.e. it's not allowed to save changes to the
page
	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/EmacsModes/Emacs

/Christian