[pmwiki-users] blocked when editing, missing quick ref

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Jun 20 02:04:42 CDT 2005

On 20/06/2005, at 4:12 PM, Hans wrote:

> The pages
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiUsers
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SuccessStories
> are having lots of links to other sites in them, and  you are blocked
> from posting pages which have too many external links (more than five
> I think). This is a security feature enabled on pmwiki.org to stop
> proliferation of link spamming.

Ah. I thought it might be something like that.

> But those pages are not part of the distribution, not part of the
> documentation, although they are in the PmWiki group. There are many
> others in that group which don't get into the distribution, and I
> don't know why they are on the table of pages "to be translated" which
> is on PmWikiVi.

I put them in, because, having translated the SideBar, I'd translated
the links to them, so I thought I'd better translate the pages, too.
Should I not? They weren't high on my priority list, but I was
following your suggestion of creating pages at the end of newly-
translated links, and pasting in the English text until I could
translate that page. (Maybe you didn't mean these pages?"

> The best indication of what are the documentation pages is the
> DocumentationIndex. Most pages are linked from there, with a few
> exceptions, like the pages about various types of Variables, which are
> linked from the Variables page.

Good: that will help. I've translated that (docindex).

> For future queries: could you provide the link to the original English
> page, not just the translated page (or better put the link as a note
> at the top of the translated page). It will make it much easier to
> find what you are referring to. Otherwise, for a non-vietnamese
> speaker, it needs some detective work, by going to PmWikiVi/PmWikiVi
> and looking for the Vietnamese page name in the table, to find the
> English equivalent.

Sorry: the linknames without the accents look so non-Vietnamese to
me, I think I _have_ provided the English link. I'll make sure you
get both from now on. ;)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc