[pmwiki-users] %dlcol% (was: Cookbook -was PmWiki/DocumentationIndex))

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 02:56:35 CDT 2005

Monday, June 20, 2005, 8:07:34 AM, chr wrote:
> I tried getting the above to work by shoving into my config.php, but
> nothing happens... am I missing something?

Did you use %dlcol% at the beginning of the paragraph containing the
list?

> /Christian

> PS. Ideally I'd like a style that gives me a definition list looking like
> this:

> Term  Definition paragrapht that will be
>       continued on the next line.

> AnotherTerm Definition paragraph that also
>       is continued on the next line.

The lines do break as you want them to, when the window gets narrower.
If you want to force shorter lines, you can try this for example:

$HTMLStylesFmt['columnlist'] = "
  dl.dlcol dt { float:left; padding-right:0.5em; }
  dl.dlcol dd { margin-left:13em; width:25em; }\n";

$WikiStyle['dlcol']['apply'] = 'list';
$WikiStyle['dlcol']['class'] = 'dlcol';

This adds a width:25em to the 'definition' parts of the list.
Change to suit.

Best,
~Hans