[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 24 07:35:19 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 01:36:37PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> 1) Control and attribute terminology.
> That's something that warrants a conscious decision, but the
> architecture allows changing it without trouble, so this isn't a serious
> problem.

The forms.php recipe makes it very easy to define custom controls,
custom attributes is still a bit tricky.

> 2) Background data threading.
> There's no provision for that in the Forms recipe yet, so it's easy to add.

While the forms markup is likely to make it into the distribution,
I don't know if background data threading needs to go in the distribution.
I'll have to take a look at it.

> 3) Documentation.
> The Input docs are far more formal. The Forms docs are explaining things
> by example. I'm not sure how to best merge these - both approaches have
> their merits.

FWIW, the Forms docs were literally rushed together in the span of about
fifteen minutes because I didn't have time to write anything more
detailed.

> As an aside note, I just documented the (relatively new) ParseArgs
> function on Cookbook.Functions.

Excellent, thanks.