[pmwiki-users] Urgent HELP regarding PMWIKI User ID Problem

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 07:42:56 CDT 2005

Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 11:31:48 AM, Saran wrote:
> Task 1: I have included the following line in config.php

> include_once('scripts/authuser.php');

> Task 2: Included these 2 lines in config.php

> $AuthUser['bart'] = crypt('bartspassword');
> $Authuser['nancy'] = crypt('nancyspassword');

> After doing these tasks also ,pmwiki is not even prompting any username
> and password.

The lines of Task 2 should come **before** the line of task 1 in
config.php.

The fact that you do not get  a prompt can mean two different things:
a) you are in fact logged in and authorised. So to test this you would
need to log out.
b) pmwiki does not load the authuser.php module. You need to have at
least pmwiki 2 beta39 installed, better pmwiki 2 beta 40.

To log out:
normally it should be enough to close all browser windows, and start
again, which starts a new php session.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding because of language
differences:

  $AuthUser['bart'] = crypt('bartspassword');
  $Authuser['nancy'] = crypt('nancyspassword');

The names bart and nancy are examples for user names, and
the words bartspassword and nancyspassword aree xamples for passwords.
Please replace with your own user names and passwords, if you have not
done so.

Hope this helps!

Best,
~Hans