[pmwiki-users] Re: authuser and .htgroups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 30 08:56:35 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 03:05:54AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > Besides, it's really cleaner to put the stuff into a separate array.
> [..]
> > Separating the stuff into a separate array should also be technically
> > the simplest solution :-)
>
> I presumed that wasn't so because Pm didn't do it that way.

I just did what looked like it would be easiest from a wiki-admin
perspective to understand and use.  But they don't have to go into
an array at all, we can just do:

   $AuthUserHtPasswd = "/path/to/.htpasswd"
   $AuthUserLDAP = "ldap://url.to.ldap.server"
   $AuthUserPAM = "..."

Since people are worried about username collisions, I'll probably
just do this for the new protocols, and deprecate the
$AuthUser['htpasswd'] entry.