[pmwiki-users] Re: <div> markup suggestions... ?

John Coxon john at coxontool.com
Tue Mar 1 16:45:58 CST 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:

> Given that most people don't code HTML, and use word
> processors as if they were typewriters, there's probably no handy term
> to appropriate.

This is a telling statement - my few users can't use markup AT ALL - I
end up tweeking nearly everything they write. So most markup is already
restricted to users with at least a rudimentary understanding of
coding.

With that in mind, I think the most basic markups should all follow a
common syntax, like %style% perhaps. I often use %style%  to invoke css
inline class elements - could %style% be extended to work with css
block elements that get closed with %%?

John