[pmwiki-users] Re: <div> markup suggestions...?

dan mcmullen bang at pacific.net
Tue Mar 1 17:34:41 CST 2005

Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> When it comes to defining the style attributes for a div, and saving
> it for future use, that perhaps ought to mirror wikistyles.  Reducing
> cognitive overhead is good, because then we can concentrate on the
> content. :)

so, tentatively, if a block WikiStyle is defined as:

   %define=foo block color=red%

it could be invoked as:

   (:div class='foo':)

or:

   (:div:) %foo%

or:

   [%foo%]

trying to be clear on the concept here...

enjoy! /dan

ps- although i quite understand about not doing nested divs, it does mean that one
natural way to quote another voice inside your own words will not be possible.  "so it
goes..."
--
dan mcmullen, ca, usa                                   be easy - be !
mailto:bang at pacific.net                                   707-485-0220