[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Wed Mar 2 11:27:56 CST 2005

Fred Chittenden wrote:
> What it seems folks have been repeatedly asking for is something like a
> simple drop down menu added to the list of edit options that now appear
> above the edit screen.

A button that asks for a filename to insert might be possible, but it
seems to me there might be a simpler way.

Could you set $DefaultPageTextFmt in Group.php for a particular group
to contain the template?  Then if the page doesn't exist you
automatically start editing an empty template.

Or you could define an ?action=template=name that would load template
name for a group and start editing it.

--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and