[pmwiki-users] Fixed: Minor changes to WikiForms

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 2 23:01:21 CST 2005

On Thursday, 3 March 2005 10:23 AM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>Summary of response:
>
>Issues B and C I think now work. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms
for a new version and updated documentation.

And (:wikilist status='on hold':) now works...
(spaces in selection criteria didn't work before)

>Issue A, I don't have a good answer.
>
>On Thursday, 3 March 2005 2:47 AM, Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe at agrsci.dk> wrote:
>>Thank you for making the PITS issue tracking system available in
>>a flexible form for general use, John. I have installed
>>WikiForms and it seems to work very well, but there are a few
>>issues.
>>
>Issue A
>=======
>>Adding additional points (like in PITS, e.g. 54532) to the
>>importance or urgency fields (by way of edit page) does not
>>seem to change the score in the list of issues. I tried on
>>Affinity wiki as well with the same result.

And what do we do with page scores? How do we distinguish
between Priority = 55435 and Cost = 125?

I need to do some thinking...

>Issue B
>=======
>>I wanted to make some of the text boxes in the form shorter,
>>and wanted to follow these suggestions from the Cookbook description:
>>  ([1-9][0-9]*) the number of lines for several text boxes; these get joined with \\ markup
>>But I cannot get it to work - can you explain a bit more?
>
>If the template says:
>
>:Address:address (3)
>
>You get the following form effect:
>
>Address: [                 ]
>         [                 ]
>         [                 ]

:Address:address (3*20) now produces

Address: [                    ]
         [                    ]
         [                    ]

:Name:name (=12) now produces

Name: [            ]

>Issues C
>========
>>I also thought it would be nice if one could specify changes to
>>the fields that are included in the list of issues, in the
>>wikilist directive. Something like
>>  (:wikilist status=closed !opened closed:)
>>That is, include the field 'Date closed' and leave out the
>>field 'Date opened'. As it is, the fields that are shown in the
>>list of issues are specified on the FormTemplate page (by way
>>of a + or - sort order indication). I don't know whether this
>>is feasible, though.

Done, you can write:

(:wikilist status=closed !opened +closed:)

The '+' tells it to sort on ascending closed date.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions.
--
JR