[pmwiki-users] summarize function (pagelisting with includes)

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Fri Mar 4 14:56:25 CST 2005

>     (:pagelist group=Machine:)
>
> generates a list of all of the pages in the "Machine" group,
> in alphabetical order.  If we wanted a simpler listing, without
> the "Machine" heading, we would use:
>
>     (:pagelist group=Machine fmt=simple:)
>
> It's fairly easy to write another fmt= handler that includes
> the entire text of the page, as in:
>
>     (:pagelist group=Machine fmt=publish:)
>
> This would cause the text of each page in the Machine group
> to be displayed one-after-another, with an appropriate
> header for each page.  This would be useful for generating
> a (printable) page containing the text of all pages in a
> group.  For free, we'd also get

Coll, but why not use

     (:pagelist group=Machine fmt=include:)

     or

     (:pagelist group=Machine include)

instead? it might be more intuitive.

> So, it's not hard to imagine doing
>
>     (:pagelist group=Machine fmt=include section=#Net:)

which might then lead to:

     (:pagelist group=Machine fmt=include[#Net[#NetEnd]]:)

     or

     (:pagelist group=Machine include[=[#Net[#NetEnd]]:)
     (:pagelist group=Machine include[=nbegin..nend]]:)

-Martin