[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 5 18:45:52 CST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:07:25PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 12:27:56PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:
> >
> > Could you set $DefaultPageTextFmt in Group.php for a particular group
> > to contain the template?  Then if the page doesn't exist you
> > automatically start editing an empty template.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates allows someone
> to do this site-wide with:
>
>     include_once('cookbook/edittemplates.php');
>     $EditTemplates = '$Group.Template';

Actually, after thinking about it over lunch I've decided that
this feature is useful enough, small enough, and unobtrusive enough
that it belongs in the main distribution, so it's no longer a cookbook
recipe.  As of 2.0.beta26 (just released -- announcement to follow in
a few hours), one simply does:

    $EditTemplatesFmt = '$Group.Template';

to have a per-group default template for creating new pages.