making mistakes (was: Re: [pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups)

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Sun Mar 6 17:53:12 CST 2005

At 2005-03-06  06:30 PM -0500, Radu is rumored to have said:
>OK, I tried editing the page in the editor and leaving only "delete", but
>it won't work. All it does is to leave the word delete in place. Therefore
>my earlier interpretation - which I notice now might be wrong
>
>  -sorry OldAl, I'm new to pmwiki and my mouth(fingers, actually) need to
> learn some manners (test before I suggest)
>
>OK, I tested it again and now it works: just edit the page, click in the
>edit field, Ctrl-A to select all and then type "delete", then save.
>

>I'm gonna shut up and find a corner to sit in :(

I am afraid you will have to wait until those of us who went to the corner
ahead of you have vacated it.  :-)

I have made several comments and suggestions here that were utter nonsense
- for a few of them, I nominated myself for the coveted "PmWiki Idiot of
the Week Award". (I am sorry, but I don't think your posting would qualify
you for the award.)

I emphatically encourage people to post here to answer questions, or if
they belive they have found a bug or a new way to do thinks or a security
leak. If the suggestion or comment is wrong or dubious, it exposes the fact
that the existing documentation or user interface does not explain the
matter clearly enough. It allows is to focus on what is important to users
and admins and try to improve the docs and PmWIki.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668