[pmwiki-users] Bug with SetTmplDisplay in preview handling?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 7 09:27:37 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:07:47PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> One solution would be to give a wiki admin the option of opening a
> preview page in a new window, instead of the same window/page as the
> edit textarea. This may be quite a nice option for other reasons as
> well.

In 2003 when we first started implementing page previews we discussed
the idea of opening previews in a new window, but decided for a variety
of reasons that it was better to have them in the same window.

This doesn't mean that it can't be provided as an option, but note
that it probably requires some javascript to do it.  Pressing "Preview"
has to submit the current text to PmWiki, which would then have to
somehow return two documents based on that text into two separate
windows (the edit form and the preview pane).