[pmwiki-users] short sessions

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Tue Mar 8 21:37:53 CST 2005

php docs say that garbage collection stops working when the depth of the
session path is higher than 0:
There is an optional N argument to this directive that determines the
number of directory levels your session files will be spread around in. For
example, setting to '5;/tmp' may end up creating a session file and
location like /tmp/4/b/1/e/3/sess_4b1e384ad74619bd212e236e52a5a174If . In
order to use N you must create all of these directories before use. A small
shell script exists in ext/session to do this, it's called mod_files.sh.
Also note that if N is used and greater than 0 then automatic garbage
collection will not be performed, see a copy of php.ini for further
information.
At 08:19 PM 3/8/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>   However, I'm not
>exactly sure how that affects the cleaning up of session files -- I'm
>still looking into that.  (I know of at least one instance where
>setting a custom session.save_path is causing the session files to
>not be removed.)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)