[pmwiki-users] Re: "Perfection" and Menus (WAS: on over-bundling) . . .

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Mar 9 08:46:17 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Do the GUI buttons belong in the Core? I opine no--and I realize I am
> in the minority here.

I agree with you here (guess we're at least a minority of two then :-)

> I strongly favor "Menus," to continue on with the food metaphor. In
> this context, I define a Menu as a set of Recipes that we users have
> adopted. I have six or seven that I personally "must" use to feel
> comfortable (but would never approve them in the Core).

Sounds like a good idea, although the word "Menu" did make me think of
things like the common "File"-menu... not sure how much of a problem that
is here.

> So, I would be more than happy to create a Menu and document its
> interractions. Heck, I could even go so far as to create a
> "menu_config.php"

I think you should do that, if nothing else to demonstrate the menu
concept for further discussions.

/Christian