[pmwiki-users] Page Authorization-Where is it?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 17:32:00 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:53:43PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I upgraded PMwiki and, being a newbie, didn't realize that I would have
> to be careful not to overwrite certain files... a carefully edited
> Main.SideBar  got wiped...

This shouldn't have happened -- how were you editing the Main.SideBar?
Locally created and edited pages are stored separately from the ones
that come in the distribution (and by default PmWiki uses locally edited
versions over the distribution ones).

In the larger scheme of things, one should never modify any of the
files that come in the distribution, and should never need to.
PmWiki nearly always provides a way to change a setting or configuration
without having to modify a distribution file (and if it doesn't, I need
to know so I can fix it).

But in answer to your other question, the page files hold more
than just the text of the page, they also hold any password settings
(encrypted), the page history, last authorship, etc.