[pmwiki-users] New cookbook recipe : BuildForms

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Thu Mar 10 14:01:18 CST 2005

hello,
hmmm, i still not clearly see what you want to do with non-formatted data ?
If you may wish to modify for example a configuration file directly in
the source data, that may offer more flexibility and make some sense but
that defeat any control which can be done by the form.

Though, it is more inline with the wiki philosophy to have everything in
pages, but you may be obliged to protect the page with password which
complexify configuration and administration.

Having the file being named as per the form page name + extension make
it "linked" with this page, so quite easy to find for data extraction,
being it done by program or by a markup.

My intent was to make a tool permitting to create easily configuration
pages, to set up the Wiki or for another use.
Obviously, it can be used for other things, but I have not much idea of
these others things.

So, I would like to know what sort of use you foresee for this recipe.
And why you may need to search the data.

Regards

Page principale - Main page  -  www.rouzeau.net <http://www.rouzeau.net>