[pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw - A new future?

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Sat Mar 12 18:55:48 CST 2005

Ciaran schrieb:

>Hi,
>I'm not sure how many people use PmWikiDraw if any! But I'm currently
>trying to decide where it should go :)
>
>Originally I ported TWikiDraw from the TWiki project, which was based
>around JHotDraw 5, but I then upgraded the codebase to support java
>swing, allowing for fancy things such as line formatting etc, which
>sat on top of JHotDraw 6.  But as I add more features I'm taking it
>closer and closer to JGraphPad, http://www.jgraph.com/jgraphpad.html .
> This project appears to have a lot more community support and has
>many more import/export abilities, it also supports UML etc much more
>natively than PmWikiDraw currently does.

Hello,
UML would be handy for a wide range of tasks and SVG.
If PmWiki could be edited with simple SVG tags and your java drawing
module could alter them, this would be nice.
When we can swap SVG files done with Sketsa or Inkscape to modify them
in the wiki or outside of it, then its a platform for groups sharing the
same pool of diagrams.
For me it has not to be backward compatible.

Stephan.