[pmwiki-users] FGS and js calendar - RFC

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Mon Mar 14 04:06:09 CST 2005

In working with the data and timestamp of FGS, it became clear to me
that the ability to have a option for a 'popup' calendar for input to a
field would be helpful.

And so, I'm in the process of integrating a DHTML calendar script
(javascript) with FGS and would like comments, questions, and feedback
as I complete this integration.  A sample page is available at:
<http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/SampleCalendarInput>

The above uri has an illustration of the calendar input and in the edit
page there is a place for comments and feedback.  To see the calendar in
action just go to the above uri and then edit the page.  I'll be showing
additional features of the calendar as I complete the integration process.

This option and its related features will be developed over the next
couple of days.  On Monday, I'll be posting an update to FGS and
instructions for setting up the 'calendar' files.

This new option will require the admin to setup the js files within the
wiki site.  I'd appreciate comments regarding where these files should
be stored.  My first thought is a new directory under pub such as
jsCalendar.  I'm wondering what others think about that idea.  Are there
better alternatives?

I'm also interest in load times, display properties in different
browsers, etc.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

/JF