[pmwiki-users] Re: problems with setting up a wiki farm

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Mar 14 10:19:13 CST 2005

At 2005-03-12  09:51 AM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
... lots snipped ....

>That's it.
>This approach is not described in the CleanUrl recipe, and maybe it is
>not the best, but it works fine and gives me the flexibility of
>choosing or changing the fields names without need of any folder
>renaming.
>
>Maybe Neil Herber likes to describe his approach, as it is surely
>different to mine, and perhaps better.
>
>Best,
>~Hans

Greetings Hans et al

I actually don't use clean URLs, but I do have a farm where each field is
served by a different virtual host. Most of the vhosts are password protected.

I planned to describe this in some detail on my public wiki (not password
protected), but a massive screw-up at my ISP left me completely
disconnected from cyberspace on March 10 and 11. I have spent the weekend
restoring most services and moving some services to other providers. I
won't be able to document my setup until I have caught up with real work.

The past 4 days have been very Kafkaesque, with the sales people telling me
that it will take a week to restore my service, while a technician was
telling me it was restored, but I needed a new DSL modem to use it. Sales
takes a week to ship a new modem, local computer stores don't stock them
(because ISPs provide them) and other ISPs who DO sell them, won't sell
them to you if you aren't a customer.

My public wiki is at http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/

Neil

Neil Herber