[pmwiki-users] Localization to tamil (was: phpdiff not working?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 14 14:15:53 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:50:07PM +0100, george wrote:
> Hi pm
> I would like to localize the pmwiki  to tami language  xlpage

Do you mean "Tamil"?  If so, then please feel free to set up the
language conversions here:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiTa/XLPage
    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiTa/PmWikiTa

For the XLPage, just edit the page and convert the english prompts
into their Tamil equivalents.  For example, change lines like

  'Page History' => '',

to be

  'Page History' => 'Tamil translation of Page History',

You'll see the changes on pmwiki.org as you save copies of the XLPage
(note that previewing the page doesn't show the changes, only saving the
page will do it).

Once you're done with whatever changes you want, send me a note and
I'll get them included into the i18n.tgz file, which you can download
and use to do a language conversion via the XLPage() function.

And if you meant a language other than "Tamil", I need to know
the correct ISO 639 2-letter country code for whatever language
you did mean.  :-)