[pmwiki-users] blogging again

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Tue Mar 15 12:38:05 CST 2005

Hey John.

Sorry, I just 'met' pmwiki two weeks ago, so I'm not much of an expert (yet :)
I'm also not interested in blogging, or I would have more to say.

I'll try to help, though.

To add formatted comments to a page, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBox or
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Comments

For email notification, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MailPosts

Pm, the main developer, said several times since I joined, that he's
looking at making pmwiki (more) blog-friendly and would work on a recipe if
only he knew a set of key features people would agree on as essential for
blogging.

What I can suggest is that you do a search on the pmwiki.org site with the
keyword blog.

*Take a look at the PITS entries returned, since PITS is the mechanism
currently used to keep track of user interest in current and proposed
development. Maybe you can comment on some of them, or at least vote for
the features you'd be interested in.

*Under Profiles, you can probably find users interested in blogging.

And so on.

If you (and others) are interested in blogging, please try to update
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Bundle4Blog

At 12:05 PM 3/15/2005, John Morris wrote:
>Radu,
>
>I am a new subscriber to the PmWiki list and noted your comment on "comments".
>
>My understanding is that wiki is not like a blog where you can separate
>comments from posts.  It is something I am interested in doing in the Wiki
>environment.   I would appreciate any pointers to a cookbook or ??? entry
>that talks about how to accomplish this.   I want the viewer to be able to
>leave a comment but not edit the page.  Not sure how to accomplish this.
>email notification of a comment being left would be a definite plus... ala
>blog function.  I was running Word Press but decided I am not a blogger at
>heart.  I am using the wiki for collaborative story writing and viewer
>reading...still in progress though.
>
>Thanks for your time.
>

>John Morris

Cheers,