[pmwiki-users] Re: PMWiki Bug? leading Tabs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 16:43:47 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:21:59PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
> > Invariably posts of copy from an email application which contain a tab
> > character as the the first char of a line cause PMWiki not to wrap
> > lines. I have tested both under Gemini and PMWiki.org's own sand box...
> > exactly the same behavior>
>
> This is actually a known bug (I've reported it twice :-)

It's not a "bug".  Lines that begin with whitespace are preformatted
text -- this is by design.  Tabs are whitespace.

If anything, you simply want it to do something different than it
currently does.  If we can figure out what that "something different"
should be (in a way that makes sense with various other requirements),
then we can change it.