[pmwiki-users] host-independent URLs for configurations

Nathan Jones pmwiki at optimo.com.au
Wed Mar 16 05:34:26 CST 2005

A related question: is there any particular reason that absolute URLs are
required at all? That is, is there any way I can link to Main.Page and
have it render as one of these (depending on $EnablePathInfo)?

href="Main/Page"
href="pmwiki.php?n=Main.Page"

I imagine one complication would be referencing stuff in places like
pub/skins/, but I'm still not sure whether I have to use absolute URLs in
the relevant variables, or whether I can use "/path/pub/".

Such a scheme would make it easier to move a wiki between machines, as
has been discussed here. I also wouldn't mind having my family's wiki
accessible via two domain names. (We have different surnames...)

--
Nathan Jones