[pmwiki-users] WARNING: main(scripts/rss.php):failed to open stream [was: trouble on t' farm]

rickla rickla.rick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:29:25 CST 2005

PM wrote:

>The include() statements
> are used to include other files (on disk) into the currently running
> PmWiki script.  Thus they require filename paths.
>
> The $ScriptUrl and $PubDirUrl variables are used to tell a *browser*,
> connecting via the webserver, how to execute the pmwiki script
> ($ScriptDirUrl) and the base url for getting files from PmWiki's
> pub/ directory ($PubDirUrl).  Note that a browser needs a
> url (http://www.example.com/pmwiki/pub) while an include statement
> requires a file path ($FarmD/scripts/something.php).

OK, that's very clear and easy to understand. Thanks!  I'll take your
advice and leave $ScriptDirUrl and $PubDirUrl alone, since it's
working.

> You got a PHP error?  What error?

The error I obtained when using
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/rss.php");
was:
WARNING: main(scripts/rss.php):failed to open stream
What does "main" mean in this context?

Since it seems none of the scripts is particularly big, and people are
waiting for me to let them get using the wiki, I've decided not to try
and reintroduce errors by deleting the local scripts directory. So now
I have a kind of semi-farm, where cookbook recipes but not scripts are
served from the farm.

I'll soon be setting up the second field and I'll try to do things the
proper farm way again and see what happens. Then if I get the same
errors it may be easier to track them down; and if I don't I guess I
can conclude that I made some idiosyncratic error somewhere where I
haven't directed my attention.

Thanks again,
Rick