[pmwiki-users] localmap.txt does not allow relative URIs (Was: host-independent ..

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Mar 16 08:03:14 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Hans wrote:

> Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 11:34:26 AM, Nathan wrote:
> > A related question: is there any particular reason that absolute URLs are
> > required at all? That is, is there any way I can link to Main.Page and
> > have it render as one of these (depending on $EnablePathInfo)?
>
> > href="Main/Page"
> > href="pmwiki.php?n=Main.Page"
>
> I do not understood why you think you need URLs with absolute path.

Maybe he meant that it doesn't work to put relative paths in e.g.
localmap.txt? If I add something like this to my localmap.txt

	TestPrefix	Ooh/ThisIs/Cool/$1

the markup TestPrefix:test in Main.WikiSandbox will just generate this:

	http://www.somewhere.se/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ooh/ThisIs/Cool/test

which means that the HREF will be relative to the group... not quite
obvious I'd say. Then again.. what should it be relative to? Well, I think
it should at least be possible to control that yourself, and I'd probably
prefer it to be relative to either 'http://www.somewhere.se' or
'http://www.somewhere.se/wiki'.

/Christian