[pmwiki-users] category analysis RFV

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Mar 16 10:45:37 CST 2005

Hello everyone. This is a Request for Votes!
Please take a moment to vote on the feature described below; click on the link.

Since Pm is working on pagelist code right now, I thought I'd mix the
marbles a bit. Brainstorming welcome :)

I've been using the Category feature lately and it does seem inefficient,
just as I originally thought: it's slow to process. One of the main things
I liked about pmwiki is how responsive yet flexible it is. Parsing the
whole wiki when rendering one page seemed horrible, and still does. The
same thing goes for the pagelist and searchresults directives. I still
think we could hardcode those too.

Can't we make at least categories hard-coded? See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00392

Of course, I might have missed something again :)

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)