[pmwiki-users] host-independent URLs for configurations

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Mar 16 11:44:09 CST 2005

At 2005-03-16  10:34 PM +1100, Nathan Jones is rumored to have said:
>  I also wouldn't mind having my family's wiki
>accessible via two domain names. (We have different surnames...)

Wouldn't this be better handled by Apache redirects?

         hisname.example.com/wiki  --> hername.example.com/wiki

Or to avoid family squabbles:

         hisname.example.com/wiki  --> thefamily.example.com/wiki
         hername.example.com/wiki  --> thefamily.example.com/wiki

This will work even if the domains are on different servers. All of my
PmWiki domains are vhosts on the same server so I can do all kinds of neat
sharing with file level aliases. Still no need to make any change to PmWiki.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668