[pmwiki-users] farm security

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Wed Mar 16 16:25:16 CST 2005

Hans schrieb:
> Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 7:02:27 PM, Hans wrote:

> I must confess the commands going into .htaccess are still Bavarian to
> me. And what does .cvsignore in cookbook/ do?
This is only for development with CVS not for Apache:
This is a file for the version control system CVS which defines files of
that directory to be excluded from versioning (won't be put into CVS).
A developer (Pm) can define a list of files which shall not be
controlled by CVS. Here: "*.php" i.e. no php-file in the
Cookbook-Directory will be checked into CVS.
This way the developer can install cookbook-files in his own checked out
pmwiki-environment without checking them into CVS.
(Has nothing to do with Apache.)

I think the +/- options is used by Apache2 - in Apache1 you use "Options
Indexes" and "Option NoIndexes" etc

Regards

Knut