[pmwiki-users] Re: localmap.txt does not allow relative URIs (Was: host-independent ..

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Mar 17 05:23:17 CST 2005

At 05:45 AM 3/17/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Radu wrote:
> > >* Migrating from PmWiki v1 to v2
> >
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpgradingFromPmWiki1
>
>Ahem... I wouldn't want to put the tips on that page, since it's the
>official instructions for how to upgrade. This would be more like tips and
>belong on a separate page. The best tips and methods could of course
>eventually be incorporated into that page.

*blink* OK, why would you not put tips about upgrading from 1 to 2 on the
page dedicated to upgrading from 1 to 2? I must have some strange language
block :)

> > >* Testing major new cookbook stuff on a test site?
> > >
> > >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines
>
>Guess I wasn't clear... those are instructions for *writing* new stuff.
>What I was thinking was tips for how to go about when you want to try
>*using* new stuff and you are afraid that it might break your system
>(which would make lots of angry users start screaming at you...)

Oh, that. Well, you could have a farm and keep one unadvertised field only
for upgrades. Once you've done the changes you like in that field's config,
you can move them to any of the other fields or to the main farm config

>I have already read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UpgradingFromPmWiki1
>but the methods there aren't quite enough for me unfortunately.

You may try asking specific questions here and once you get answers, update
that page. Don't worry about grammar and stuff, someone else can clean it
up later, or move it where it belongs. Just add [[!DocumentationToDo]]
after the text you write.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)