[pmwiki-users] block preformat, spaceless?

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:44:32 CST 2005

Hello,

Is there a way to do spaceless block preformat - that is, preformat multiple
lines without prefixing each line with a single space?

The first reason is that I wish to include snippets of code (specifically,
awk script and Python programs) by cutting/pasting, and I want the reader to
be able to select/copy from the web browser and paste into their editor
directly.  Currently, if I prefix each line with a single space to get the
preformatting, the reader's select/copy would pick up the leading space
requiring them to delete it.

The second reason is that MoinMoin does it!  Heh heh...

I was hoping the "[@  @]" or "@@ ... @@" construct would break across lines.
  Currently, "@@" sort of works, but it requires adding "\\" to the end of
each line, and then it deletes all other leading spaces.

Is there a way to have spaceless multiple-line preformatting?

PS: This is a personal communication from an account that has keyword-based
spam filtering enabled.  Please preserve the original subject line when
replying.  (Adding "Re:" is okay.)