[pmwiki-users] Re: how teaser text behaves (was: category output)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Mar 17 14:54:09 CST 2005

On Thursday, 17 March 2005 11:44 PM, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
>Right. Now how about the `. if present gets expanded to a (more...) link in
>any teaser.

At the moment it gets expanded into &hellip; (ellipsis).

The most general solution is a Fmt variable that controls the
output of `. from teasers; for example it could produce:
   - '&hellip;'
   - '[[$FullName | (more&hellip;)]]]]'
   - '[[$FullName?action=edit | (edit)]]

and so on. The teaser script would take care of name substitution.

The advantage of a Fmt variable is that an administrator can
ensure consistent behaviour wiki-wide or per-group. It would
allow different teasers of the same page giving different results
in different contexts.

The disadvantage is that the author has no control over the effects
of using `. markup.

My inclination is to go for a Fmt variable as the smallest incremental
change and see if that is sufficient.

And Christian reminded me that if the page contains [[#teaser]]
the paragraph following this gets returned if no anchor is
specified.

Comments?

--
JR