[pmwiki-users] File manager based on php?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Thu Mar 17 16:47:26 CST 2005

Hej Christian !

chr at home.se schrieb:
> Does anyone know of a good file manager based on php?
>
> It should allow users to upload files as well as create subdirectories,
> while imposing limits on the size of the files and what extensions they
> can have.
Have a look on http://www.qto.com/fm/ or
http://phpwebfilemgr.sourceforge.net/. I used one of them (can't
remember) and changed it a bit (don't know if it supports uploading).

I removed it from my site when it was migrated to a confixx-server which
has an web-filemanager included.

(I'm not sure that part with the extensions is really needed,
> what is the risk? That windows user accidentally click on .exe and get a
> virus?)
only if you configured your browser so that you execute a clicked exe
(and who will do that ? :-)

Knut