[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Dynamic wiki trails

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Mar 17 18:48:41 CST 2005

On Thursday, 17 March 2005 11:33 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>...point out that I think a '!' is needed to separate (:trail xyz:) from
>(:trail !xyz:), where the former just refers to the page, and the latter
>refers to the category. Here (:trails !catA:) is supposed to generate the
>list of all pages in catA and use this list as the *trail map*. This trail
>map is then checked against the current page to see if/how a trail link
>should be generated.

Yes, I see that now. (My brain needs a cpu and bus upgrade)

>We could however be (too?) clever and introduce
>
>	(:trails !!catA:)

This also means we don't need to treat !trail as a special category.

BTW I'd expect <<|!RatsAndMice|>> to work too. If the current
page is in Category.RatsAndMice, we get previous and next links;
otherwise we get ''.

[snip]
Yup, got it!

I'll write this up as 2 PITS: TrailsLite and TrailsFullStrength.

--
JR