[pmwiki-users] New skin: Pukka Float

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:43:27 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:38:23 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> There's no reason why the "stitching file" *has* to be .css -- it can
> be a .php file.  Just rename stitch_imported.css to stitch_imported.php,
> change its first line (after <?php) to read:
>
>     header('Content-type: text/css');
>
> and then use the following in the skin.tmpl file:

>     <!--
>     @import '$SkinDirUrl/css/stitch_imported.php';
>
> No skin.php needed (for this).

*test*
*test on my real webserver*
*dance of joy*

This works!  Beautifully, since it doesn't care what the webserver is,
only that it's got PHP...  Thank you so much!  It's so bloody simple
and obvious that I cannot see why I couldn't think of it...It never
occured to me that there would *not* be an error for calling a PHP
file when CSS was expected...even though I know that said PHP file's
purpose is to emit CSS.

I shall have to write the people who posted the original trick, and
give them this one in return, if you wouldn't mind...

Somebody else talked about giving their brain a processor upgrade...I
think I could use one too...

I'm going to rezip and upload this, and then go off and wash dishes
while grinning so hard that my face hurts.

Bronwyn