[pmwiki-users] blank page when editing a page with password protection

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Sat Mar 19 03:31:54 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 12:28:04PM +0100, Sergio Andreozzi wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I've installed the latest pmwiki on a machine with php 4.2.20 and apache
>>2.0.40, Linux OS.
>>
>>If I set a password for editing, when I try to edit a page I get a blank
>>page instead of the password request form.
>>
>>Any clue?
>

> Not immediately.  Is there a url we could look at?

of course. Here it is:
http://infnforge.cnaf.infn.it/glueinfomodel/pmwiki.php/

if I comment the following lines in the config.php, everything works:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mypw1');
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('mypw2');
$DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('mypw3');

If I don't comment them, then... you can try and edit a page to see what
  happens.

I've made other pmwiki installations in different systems, but never met
this problem. BTW, enableDiag is set to 1, so it can help you.

Thanks for the support,

Sergio

--
Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                        Tel: +39 051 609 2860