[pmwiki-users] chmod difficulties on shared host new installation

peter vandermeer pvmeer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 09:22:49 CST 2005

Version: 2.0b26
OS: FreeBSD? 4.9-RELEASE-p11
PHP 4.3.8
At a shared Web Hosting Service

This is my first trial installation of pmwiki, so sorry for the newbie
question. When I upload the pmwiki dir to the public_html file and
chmod to 777, the default installation comes up, wiki.d is made. All
is well, can add to and modify at will. When I chmod back to 755 (or
just the wiki.d and config to 666), I get the error " Warning:
fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/home/*****/public_html/*****/pmwiki.php on line 344 PmWiki can't
process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience. "

Afterward, even if I chmod the dir back to 777, I continue to get the
same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

stymied