[pmwiki-users] host-independent URLs for configurations

Nathan Jones pmwiki at optimo.com.au
Sun Mar 20 23:06:24 CST 2005

Pm wrote:
>Nathan Jones wrote:
>> A related question: is there any particular reason that absolute URLs are
>> required at all? That is, is there any way I can link to Main.Page and
>> have it render as one of these (depending on $EnablePathInfo)?
>>
>> href="Main/Page"
>> href="pmwiki.php?n=Main.Page"
>
>Ummm, isn't this just [[Main/Page]]?  Or am I missing the point?

I was referring to the link HTML that PmWiki outputs, not the wiki markup
that you put in a page. That is, if:

$ScriptUrl = 'http://wiki.example.com/';

..then you end up with absolute, rather than relative, URLs in the
output.

BUT... I'm not sure why I had it in my mind that $ScriptUrl has to be an
absolute URL. Presumably all I need to do is set something like one of
these:

$ScriptUrl = 'wiki/';
$ScriptUrl = 'pmwiki.php/;

--