[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Modified (:markup:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 21 08:55:51 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:21:49AM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Here a through struck me: wouldn't the other diagnostic stuff belong
> into a recipe as well? At least the diagnostics that serve core or
> markup development such as ?action={ruleset,diag}, diagnostics like
> ?action=phpinfo should probably remain core features since they serve
> installation and administration.

?action=diag and ?action=ruleset are installation/administration
diagnostic tools (at least for me), not just development tools.
That's why they're in the core.  When someone writes to say that
"feature XYZ isn't working at my site", ?action=diag and ?action=ruleset
let me see what customizations have been made so I figure out where
the problem is.

> Making the developer diagnostics into
> add-on recipes would also help keeping PmWiki's footprint down - the
> times where it was "just under 100K" seem to be long gone.

This is also why I've keep the diagnostics small.  :-)  More on the "100K"
in the next post... :-)

> Anyway, I'm willing and eager to make the patch a separate action if it
> isn't for the core, but I don't know enough about the hooks needed for
> such an action. Any pointers to get me started?

Assuming you want to define ?action=ruletable, you do:

   SDV($HandleActions['ruletable'], 'HandleRuleTable');

   function HandleRuleTable($pagename) {
   }