[pmwiki-users] Re: notebookskin v1.0.8 uploaded

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Mon Mar 21 12:37:36 CST 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 06:42, you wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:58:11AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > notebookskin v1.0.8 uploaded, :)
> >   -- Refined Discuss Link Code.
> >   -- Minor code clean.
> > [...]
> > Pm could you please upload this version so that I could do some testing.
>
> I'll need some more specific instructions about what I need to do to
> avoid the "security problem" posed by infobox, since I definitely don't
> want to allow arbitrary javascript code to be run from pmwiki.org .
>
> Note that inserting skin-specific code into my config.php
> (as well as changing my default passwords) isn't an option for me,
> since pmwiki.org has to host many skins.
Yes, I agree. But how may of Skins OR for that matter will there be any
requirement for CREATING Wiki Page with NAME ending with "InfoTips"

    if (substr($pagename, -8) == "InfoTips") {
      $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('infoboxpass');
      $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('infoboxpass');
    }

THIS name ending can still be changes to any weird name.
I have used SDV in Infobox.php file.
SDV($InfoTipsPage, "InfoTips");

If at all there still be some reason for not allowing this..... :-(
then you could disable this module in notebookskin BUT enable this module on
the Cookbook.InfoBox (But truely speaking all charm would be gone)

But if you decide to enable this in notebookskin :-), I could insert some
sample InfoTips in Cookbook.NotebookSkinDiscuss , and notify you. You could
then copy/move the content to Cookbook.InfoTips page or Main.InfoTips page.

I already have got my next Version of InfoTips ready which has some default
infotips directly enabled into it. In future it would be a hassle for a demo.

You do not need to give me the password.
Thanks a lot.
V.Krishn