[pmwiki-users] skin design and the searchbox

Hans design at flutesong.net
Mon Mar 21 14:10:33 CST 2005

Monday, March 21, 2005, 3:31:28 PM, Patrick wrote:
> The 'true' and 'false' conditionals don't use their arguments;
> they always return true and false respectively.

What use are they if they have no argument to test for?

What I would like in the core is this conditional:

     (:if true VARIABLE:) .... (:if:)

meaning a test if a declared variable is true. so I can for instance
put in skin.php:

    global $SidebarSearchbox;
    $SidebarSearchbox = 1;

and use as markup in the SideBar page:

    (:if true SidebarSearchbox:)(:searchbox:)(:if:)

keeping the conditional parameter general for any global variable
would make this useful for all kinds of tests.
Perhaps it should be called 'global':  (:if global VARIABLE:)
or 'settrue' (:if settrue VARIABLE:)

I have no idea if such a conditional can be defined...

Best,
~Hans